Thursday 9 May 2013

Opinions

Opinions are like genitals. Everyone has them, and it's quite nice to share them with the right people, but if you whip em out in public or shove them in people's faces then there's bound to be consequences!

Never one to shy away from consequences, I've finally decided to take the leap and make my first foray into the world of blogging and what better, being the opinionated moo that I am, as my first subject matter than opinions?

1) I don't give a monkey's rectum how deeply held your opinions are or how much value they bring to your life, if they're political or religious then keep them out of my dining room! Seriously, there's a time and a place and boring my guests to death isn't it!

2) I don't give a rat's left testicle how many people agree with your point of view! Millions of people also think X-factor is great TV. It doesn't make them right, it just proves that most people are idiots!

3) I honestly couldn't care any less how far back in history your opinion dates back to. What makes you think that would add even the remotest bit of validity or credence to your point of view?  Have you not seen all the educational advances we've made since then?

4) Mocking your opinions does not mean I am personally attacking you! If you say something I find laughably stupid I damn well am going to make that clear. I don't expect you to change them for me but I certainly won't censor my own for you.

5) Finally, Nobody (not even me, much to my despair) owns a monopoly on opinions. It takes all different types to keep this world ticking over smoothly. By all means challenge ideas and opinions but don't allow that to become clouded by disrespect for the individual. Remember, play nice, peeps ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment